Seminar Selected Topics in Physics
All enquiries about enrollment should be directed to Eti (Rm 375 Lidow) in her office hours.
- The course is
- The lecturer is Prof Adi Nusser, email@example.com, Rm 612, Lidow Physics Building, Tel ext. 3576.
- Each student gives a talk of about 45 minutes plus 5 minutes question time. The level should be between Physics Today/Europhysics News and Scientific American. If you select a review paper from elsewhere, it is your responsibility to bring it to the correct level. Nobel prizes of the last 20 years in Physics or maybe Chemistry are suitable, as are review articles.
- Each talk's topic, outline and sources must be approved by Prof Nusser in advance.
- You may not talk on a topic you gave in a lab report, project or previous session of this or a similar course.
- Your grade will be between 0 and 100, based on both understanding, (including answering questions) and presentation (including good timing.)
- You must be present in all talks from the beginning to the end. Absences must be approved either in advance or within 2 weeks of the lectures, based on documentation. You must also attend a short session about using the library for research either as given by the main library or by the Physics Librarian. (Attendence before this semester at such a presentation also OK).
- Please send Dr Adler an email with topic and preferred dates, noting that early talks get bonuses.
- talks maybe whiteboard or/and computer presentations.